How to Keep Puzzle Mats Together
How to Keep Puzzle Mats Together: Tips and Tricks
Puzzle mats are an excellent way to keep your puzzles organized and protected while you work on them. These mats provide a smooth surface to assemble your puzzles and can easily be rolled up and stored when not in use. However, one common challenge puzzle enthusiasts face is keeping the puzzle mats together throughout the assembly process. Here are some helpful tips and tricks to keep your puzzle mats intact:
1. Use puzzle mat adhesive sheets: Puzzle mat adhesive sheets are specially designed to keep puzzle mats together. Simply peel off the backing and stick the adhesive sheets to the edges of your puzzle mats. This provides a secure bond, preventing the mats from shifting or separating.
2. Double-sided tape: If you don’t have puzzle mat adhesive sheets, you can use double-sided tape as an alternative. Apply the tape along the edges of the puzzle mats, ensuring they are tightly secured together.
3. Velcro strips: Velcro strips are another effective way to keep puzzle mats together. Attach one side of the Velcro strip to one mat and the corresponding side to the other mat. When you lay the mats side by side, press them firmly together for a secure connection.
4. Puzzle mat frame: If you find that your puzzle mats are constantly coming apart, consider investing in a puzzle mat frame. These frames provide a sturdy border around your puzzle, holding the mats together securely. You can easily slide the mats in and out of the frame as needed.
5. Binder clips: Another simple yet effective method is to use binder clips. Place the clips along the edges of the puzzle mats, ensuring they are tightly secured together. This will prevent the mats from sliding or separating while you work on your puzzle.
6. Rubber bands: For a quick and inexpensive solution, use rubber bands to keep your puzzle mats together. Wrap the rubber bands tightly around the mats, making sure they are firmly secured. This method is especially useful when you need to transport or store your puzzle mats.
7. Puzzle mat roll-up system: Some puzzle mats come with a roll-up system that includes straps or ties. These systems allow you to roll up the puzzle mats tightly and secure them with the provided straps. This not only keeps the mats together but also makes it easy to store and transport your puzzles.
8. Puzzle mat storage bag: If you prefer to keep your puzzle mats rolled up, consider using a storage bag specifically designed for puzzle mats. These bags provide a convenient and organized way to store your mats while keeping them securely together.
9. Store in a flat, dry place: To ensure that your puzzle mats stay together over time, it is important to store them in a flat and dry place. Avoid storing them in areas prone to moisture or extreme temperature changes, as this can cause the mats to warp or separate.
1. Can I use puzzle glue to keep puzzle mats together?While puzzle glue is primarily used to preserve completed puzzles, it can also be applied to the edges of puzzle mats to keep them together. However, puzzle mat adhesive sheets or other methods mentioned above are typically more convenient and effective.
2. How do I remove puzzle mat adhesive sheets?To remove puzzle mat adhesive sheets, gently peel them off from the edges of the mats. If any residue is left behind, you can use a mild adhesive remover or rubbing alcohol to clean the surface.
3. Can I cut puzzle mats to fit different puzzle sizes?Yes, puzzle mats are often designed to be easily cut to fit different puzzle sizes. Use a sharp utility knife or scissors to carefully trim the mats to the desired dimensions.
4. Can I wash puzzle mats?Most puzzle mats are not machine washable, as they may shrink or lose their shape. Instead, wipe them clean with a damp cloth or sponge if needed.
5. Can I use puzzle mats for other activities besides puzzles?Absolutely! Puzzle mats can be used for various activities such as arts and crafts, board games, and even as a comfortable surface for yoga or exercise.
6. Are puzzle mats suitable for children?Puzzle mats are safe for children to use, as they provide a soft surface and prevent puzzle pieces from scattering. However, adult supervision is always recommended, especially with younger children who may put small puzzle pieces in their mouths.
7. Can I stack puzzle mats on top of each other?It is not recommended to stack puzzle mats on top of each other, as this may damage the surface and cause them to warp. Instead, keep them flat or roll them up individually for storage.
8. Can puzzle mats be used on carpeted floors?Yes, puzzle mats can be used on carpeted floors. However, make sure the mats are placed on a flat surface and are not prone to slipping or sliding.
9. Can I use puzzle mats for 3D puzzles?Puzzle mats are primarily designed for flat puzzles, but they can also be used for 3D puzzles. However, keep in mind that the mats may not provide as secure of a grip for the puzzle pieces, so extra caution may be needed to prevent them from falling apart.
In conclusion, keeping puzzle mats together is essential for a seamless puzzle assembly experience. By using puzzle mat adhesive sheets, double-sided tape, Velcro strips, or other methods mentioned above, you can ensure that your puzzle mats stay intact and your puzzle pieces stay organized. Remember to store your mats in a flat and dry place to maintain their longevity. With these tips and tricks, you can enjoy your puzzle-solving journey without worrying about mats coming apart!